Similar to the chicken and egg debate, dog trainers and different professionals often disagree about why dogs eat grass. The discussion usually goes this way, Do dogs eat grass because they need to hurl or do they hurl because they eat grass? The one thing that everyone agrees on is that if your dog is eating grass, he is most reasonable going to hurl!
There are several theories as to why dogs eat grass:
The dog’s eating regimen is lacking in nutrients found in leafy greens, creating an inclination to eat grass.
In the event that a dog has an upset stomach, he may instinctively eat grass to instigate spewing. This evacuates the stomach of bothersome irritants and makes the dog feel good. Many dogs diagnosed with a sensitive stomach, regularly go to grass to hurl. This is because of bile develop in a vacant stomach and the dog instinctively needs to diminish it.
They like the taste
Some dogs move from sniffing grass to eating it is anything but a learned behavior. This typically presents when the dogs smells the remains of something particularly attractive and is tempted to eat the grass which lies underneath. In the event that this happens often enough, the dog may acquire a taste for grass.
Is it normal dog behavior?
Eating grass is a normal behavior for canines and it is typically safe. Dogs may be more attracted to long, decorative grasses or tall weeds, particularly on the off chance that they are blowing in the breeze.
Is eating grass harmful for my dog?
Eating grass is not harmful giving it is anything but a regular habit and the grass is liberated from pesticides can dogs eat pine tree cones. Most commercial pesticides are considered animal safe once the item has completely dried. On the off chance that grass has been as of late treated, contact the chemical company to ensure its safety and if all else fails, do not allow your dog to eat grass around there.
Mushrooms are also a cause for concern. On the off chance that you have a grass eater, check your yard often to ensure liberated from mushrooms may be harmful to your pet.